The principal objectives of this Homelessness Prevention, Advice and Advocacy contract are to:
– Deliver housing related advice, assistance and information to customers across all tenures that will assist in the prevention of homelessness.
– Maximise levels of tenancy sustainment in South Ayrshire through the provision of pro-active and responsive specialist housing advice and information across all tenures.
– Contribute to tackling poverty and inequality across the local authority area.
– Provide a Housing Advice Service in selected prisons to support homelessness prevention.
– Deliver homelessness and housing education across local secondary schools as a type of universal homelessness prevention.
– Promote the citizenship of the people who access the service.
– Promote digital inclusion and participation by developing digital skills and confidence.
– Work in partnership with South Ayrshire Council to develop new approaches to Homelessness Prevention and remain up-to-date with developments in National Homelessness Prevention Policy.
Full details of the tender can be found here.