This two day workshop is aimed at third sector organisations who want to improve their success rate at tendering for public sector contracts.
Who should attend?
Participants on the course would be expected to have had some prior experience of the tendering process.
Participants will gain an increased understanding of Public Contracts Scotland as well as learning techniques to write effective tenders and to maximise quality scores, specifically:
- The procurement landscape : “Who buys what”
- Getting the most out of Public Contracts Scotland including quick quote and the supplier profile
- Promoting your organisation
- Legal considerations and how this affects the way tenders are written
- Collaborative models and tendering
- Presenting policies and quality standards
- Handling difficult questions
- Writing effective method statements
- Presenting professional tenders
- Evaluation and award
- How to respond to Community Benefit Clauses
- The “bid – no bid” decision
- Obtaining feedback from the buyer