Are you a social enterprise in the Glasgow region?
Need help identifying which of your new products and service ideas will succeed in a commercial setting? This workshop is for you.
This interactive workshop will introduce your social enterprise to innovation and help you articulate your optimal value proposition. The facilitators will take you through the key stages of successful new service/product development, with a view to helping you to develop your way of operating that will benefit you and your social mission.
We’ll provide you with a selection of agile tools and techniques, and a pragmatic step-by-step process to follow. As much as possible you’ll be encouraged to do the work, so that you “own” the results. However, our experts will be on hand to help with any stumbling blocks.
During the workshop
In a group workshop environment you’ll:
- Agree your potential target market
- Identify the unmet needs of that target market
- Develop a pool of clearly defined ideas and filter them to identify the best ones
- Identify the Value Proposition for that target market
- Articulate the best idea into a high-level concept, include key features
- Identify the assumptions made about the customer that would need to be validated
The workshop will be delivered in an interactive way, creating a vibrant and engaging experience. You’ll be encouraged to pair up and collaborate on each other’s projects, supported by the facilitators.
- A basic pre-workshop survey will be sent beforehand to find out a little about your business and new product/service offering.
- A representative from Scottish Enterprise’s Innovation Support Service will be presenting at the workshop to talk about accessing potential one-to-one support for the development of your new product or service proposition
- Companies who are at the stage of being ready for this support, and have a clear innovation project ready to progress, will be able to book these appointments after the presentation, for a later date, with their local innovation specialist
- The facilitators will use an online survey platform to capture feedback from you and to find out what your next steps will be