Through a mixture of presentation, discussion and practical exercises, participants in this 1 day course will gain an understanding of public sector procurement, the tendering process and how to apply full cost recovery.
Who should attend?
This workshop is aimed at staff of third sector organisations with little or no knowledge of public sector contracting and who want to understand the principles of costing a service and preparing a tender.
Attendees at this workshop will learn:
- The nature of different types of cost
- How to calculate the cost of services using full cost recovery
- Tendering processes and terminology
- Where to find opportunities – including an overview of Public Contracts Scotland
- Legal considerations and the rules surrounding tendering
- How to get ready to tender
- How buyers evaluate bids
- Top Tips for writing a good tender