Bute Bike – Fyne Futures – Contract Opportunity

Organisation: Fyne Futures

Deadline: 24/01/2020

Value: £4,000.00

Phase 3

Download details here.

About Us

Based on Isle of Bute and with a remit to delivery services across Argyll & Bute, Fyne Futures is a registered charity and established social enterprise. It is a subsidiary of Fyne Homes Ltd, a housing association with a focus on community regeneration and environmental sustainability.  Fyne Futures board is independent from Fyne Homes and are fully responsible for good governance delivery of our charitable objectives.

Our volunteer board currently has 9 members of which 8 are resident to Bute.  The board has a wide range of experience and expertise – from private, public and third sectors.

Since 2005, Fyne Futures has been delivering a range of carbon saving services and produce including recycling, reuse, local produce and community car club with associated social and environmental benefits to Bute and beyond.  Fyne Futures as part of our Towards Zero Carbon Bute project has led several active travel projects linking directly with schools and businesses to raise awareness and encourage behaviour change. Fyne Futures actively collaborates with other community organisations to achieve greater impact, with reference to this project the key stakeholders would include but are not limited to: Bute Community Cycling Club, Bute Wheelers, Bute Ramblers, and Bute Conservation Trust.

Background

The project community is the Isle of Bute.  This island has circa 6,410 residents – around 60% reside in the main town of Rothesay, whilst the remaining 40% reside in the village of Ardbeg, remote rural villages Port Bannatyne, Kilchattan Bay or remote rural settlements on West Coast of the island and farmsteads.  There are clear boundaries to be drawn round the community on Bute and its associated carbon emissions given its island location.

The Overall Purpose for this project –

Vision

For Isle of Bute to become Scotland’s foremost bike friendly island – ensuring cycling becomes the low carbon transport of choice for residents and encourages visitors to travel by bike to the island and on island.

The implementation phase began on 31st October 2019. It is expected that all equipment, infrastructure and enabling processes, systems, and initial marketing
activities and personnel will be in place for a “go live” date of 1st April 2020. For this specific element of the plan – it is expected that appointment of consultant will be Monday 27th January 2020, and the marketing strategy and plan will be ready for presentation by 14th February 2020. It is preferred that the inception meeting takes place on Isle of Bute, with subsequent dialogue facilitated via telephone or skype or similar. The fixed budget for this is £4,000 ex VAT Please reply by Friday 24th January 2020

Awarding decision will be made by a panel of key local stakeholders on the basis of best value within budget.

Full details of the tender can be found here.