Are you a wearable company? A digital health developer? A researcher with powerful algorithms? Inventors of every kind, welcome to the DISC!
The City of Edinburgh Council and Edinburgh Trams have launched the Driver Innovation Safety Challenge (DISC) (http://www.edinburgh.gov.uk/news/article/2531/innovation_challenge_seeks_tram_driver_safety_invention) to create a solution to detect when a tram driver might lose consciousness due to illness or fatigue and notify the control centre.
The DISC is an opportunity for your company to:
– Receive up to £168 000 in R&D/Test funding from the Scottish Enterprise CAN DO Fund
– Keep full rights to retain and exploit any IP developed during the challenge
– Build your customer base by pitching in front of Transport for Edinburgh and UK Tram executives
– Potentially win a contract from Edinburgh Trams
The DISC aims to support the development of a solution to identify incidents in real-time, and to pre-emptively estimate the risk profile of a driver for loss of focus, consciousness or paralysis due to:
- common illnesses such as heart conditions, hypoglycaemia, …
- fatigue levels
The solution must make the Trams control team aware in real time of risks and use appropriate alarms (Red, Amber, Green), to enable the appropriate interventions to be taken.
Two information session events about the challenge are organized at the Edinburgh City Chambers. They are an opportunity for you to learn more about the challenge and network to identify potential other partners to solve the DISC!
- 1st Oct at 1:30pm – register here: https://bit.ly/2Ljyg5h
- 8th Oct at 5:30pm – register here: https://bit.ly/2wjCaFz
For more information on this challenge visit the Public Contracts Scotland challenge channel: https://bit.ly/2OYtw7n.
In case of questions about the DISC, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.